Thursday, January 15, 2009

Luke...

  • is a Sunbeam, now, at church.  He was just barely warming up to Nursery, so we were worried about the transition.  However, his teacher is incredibly great, and he seems to really like being with the bigger kids.  He did mention, however, that Sunbeam class should include a snack.
 
  • started tennis lessons and LOVES them.  That first lesson was the first time he has willingly and smilingly left my side to go somewhere with a stranger.  
  • loves Wii Sports, except for the boxing.  He accidentally punched himself in the eye, leaving quite a mark.
  • has to "pause" everything when he has to go to the bathroom.  He wants our show, game, eating, talking, etc. to pause.  He has even been known to say, "Pause this laughing;  I have to go potty!"
  • is sick and tired of Audrey messing up his stuff.  She turns off shows at the climactic moment, turns off Wii so that Mom has to set it up all over again, eats his crayons and play-dough, hits him when she's mad or bored, and wakes him up in the middle of the night with her screaming.  "Mom, I'm so upset, I just feel like beating Audrey up!"  I don't know where he got such an awful phrase!  Okay, I might have let something similar slip just moments before.  Of course I didn't really mean it; I just said I felt like it.  What kind of a terrible mother... What are we going to do with our beautiful, lovable, crazy, and spirited little Audrey?  Probably the same thing we did with Luke when he was that age: love her to pieces and try to limit the yelling.  And the phrases about wanting to beat her up.  
  • is so cheerful when he wakes up.  Come to think of it, so is Audrey.  Even if I'm waking them up really early for some reason, they both find a way to smile.  They must have gotten this trait from Clayton.
  • has pretty much determined that, no matter what I cook or how much bribing and cajoling I do, he only likes to eat breakfast foods, Wendy's or McDonald's, carrots, fruit, and anything including massive amounts of sugar.  He also occasionally asks us to order a pepperoni pizza with no cheese.  The only other person I know that doesn't like cheese is my brother, Steve.  Weird.
  • was not impressed when we disconnected our cable.  "No more shows?!  Mom, I'm going to beat you up!"  Wow.  His mind is like a steel trap to anything I've said that I shouldn't have!
  • is, in our minds, the most wonderful, smart, and interesting little guy we know.  We love you, Luke!

3 comments:

the Woods said...

amy I just stumbled onto your blog...Your kids have gotten so big! Has it been that long since Saskatoon...lol I bet your missing our winters about now, huh.

missLaura said...

Ah, Luke is growing up so fast. He is so cute and sounds quite entertaining.

Diamond Evans said...

Luke is so sweet and funny. Thanx for reading my blog it was fun writing the poems.