I think the number one reason why we didn't move sooner was that moving is awful. If you've moved lately, you know what I mean. Luckily it was a good move as far as moves go, and we hired a moving company, which was AWESOME! Clayton almost giggled with delight every time they carried something heavy down stairs or through a narrow doorway. He told me that he considered that his early birthday present, and he loved it.
We are definitely sad to leave behind our little haven of Grosse Pointe, our tight little church branch, friends, and parks, but there just wasn't what we were looking for in Grosse Pointe. If I was going to pack up all of our junk, it had better be to move to a definite upgrade! I would have to say that it was worth the wait. We not only added a third bedroom, but we more than doubled our square footage, quadrupled our bathroom space, and got a rockin' deck and back yard. We have been loving owning a barbecue and patio furniture for the first time, and I LOVE having a completely fenced-in backyard for the kids. Life is good. Even our new ward (which is pretty much completely different from the branch) has been incredibly friendly and welcoming. Luke and Audrey love their new classes, and we're excited to make new friends. Plus, we are only a half hour away from old friends, so we can still see them too!
Some great friends I will miss.

I won't put too many pictures up since it is really only a temporary thing, but hooray for our new place!


7 comments:
What?! And you didn't tell me?! congratulations, the place looks AWESOME! I could even come and visit and not have to sleep in the 'dungeon'! Anyway, I'm so happy for you guys to have 'a little' more space.
That is a great place. And is really that green and pretty right now?? Hmmmm. Maybe we'll be green soon.
Toronto sure looked fun! So fun to have road trips!
Woohoo! Your new place looks great! Good for you to make the move! So happy for your new space and fun place for the kids to play!
aimee, it's beautiful! i love your yard. and how big are your kids getting? crazy!
so excited to see baby #3!
AHH! I cant wait to come and check it out! It looks so nice and big! I am so happy for you guys!
looks awesome Aimee! All that space must feel like a breath of fresh air!
Your place looks fantastic!!! So happy for you!! Love the roominess of it and that you have more bathroom space!!!
Post a Comment