This past weekend was the dress rehearsal and performance of Audrey's spring recital for dance. This year she was in a combined class for jazz/ballet and tap. She loved it all year, and I was so excited to see her perform! I also did something kind of special this year and signed us up for the "Dance With Your Dancer" number. There ended up being 8 mother/daughter couples, and it was such a blast. We had practices twice a month from January until now, and I always looked forward to it. I think Audrey liked it too, and it gave us a little bit of special time together.
The theme of this year's show was "Let's Get Wild". Audrey was actually in quite a few of the numbers. Our "Evolution of Dance" number was first, and it was a total blast. Then, Audrey was in 3 songs in a row of a Lion King "Circle of Life" montage. She was a baby lion. Then, she did a tap number as a Zebra. Finally, there was a grand finale to "I Like to Move It" that the kids all loved. Isn't she just so dang cute in her costumes!?!
Top left
Top right
She is such a ham.
Yes, I know I'm not smiling in this one. Too bad it's the only picture I have of our group. We had so much fun! All the animal, bird, and native costumes were super cute, but I think that giraffe in the second row was just way too adorable.
Audrey was SOOOOO thrilled to get flowers!
Audrey did such a great job. She really lights up when she's on stage. I can't wait for next year!
Here is a video of the girls practicing for the recital. Audrey is the one in all black. She did a lot better at the actual recital, but in this one you can see her a lot better since I was sitting right in front. Maybe I'll get the recital video on here sometime, but this is good for now!











1 comment:
I cannot believe how big Audrey is! She is so beautiful. She looks just like you!
Post a Comment