We took both kids to the voting booth Tuesday evening, which, luckily, was pretty empty at dinnertime. Audrey must not have liked the ballot options, as she screamed for the entire 3 minutes it took Clay to fill in his ovals. Luke was severely disappointed that he didn't get to fill in his own ballot, so the nice old ladies gave him an official-looking paper to scribble on. He couldn't help peeking over the partition at Aimee's answers, and then proudly gave his paper to the woman standing next to the counting machine. She smiled and tossed it aside on the desk next to her, where a nice man was officially recording something. While Aimee and Luke were busy watching how the machine worked, the man at the desk worked himself right up into quite a disgruntled state over the paper with markings he couldn't read! We worked it all out, although I hope it didn't affect the overall turnout of Michigan.
It is a little embarrassing for us to admit, but this was the first time anyone in our family has voted in a presidential election. (I'm sure you will forgive us, as we have lived in Canada up to this point and were obviously not too good at the absentee ballot thing.) I'm sure it will not be the last, and it was nice to see our little ones take interest in the affairs of our country at such a young age!
5 comments:
Jacob asked pretty much the same thing. I told him we were going to go vote and he said, "Boat, water, okay!"
Way to go Hall family!
It was my first Presidential election too! Way to get your kids involved at an early age...
That is HALARIOUS!! I'm so glad you took him "on the boat" :-) So did Clayton write that or Aimee? I thought it was funny that you didn't say who you were voting for...you weren't gonna open that can of worms? :-)
This was written by Aimee. If Clayton ever writes, I'm pretty sure he will make it known!
Post a Comment