Birthday season at our house continued with Audrey's big day on August 23rd. Here she is posing in her new princess outfit and jewelry (for her and her doll) from Grandma and Grandpa Hall.
She picked Texas Roadhouse for dinner, although Luke may have been very persuasive in his opinion. It ended up being the perfect choice on that night, because they apparently have kids' night on Tuesdays. There were balloons, face-painting, and a very large Andy the Armadillo walking around to say hi to the kids. Plus, free kids' meals!
Then we headed home for a very delicious ice-cream cake from Dairy Queen.

For her party a week or so later, I was racking my brain for something fun but not over-the-top. I came up with the idea of having a Painting Party, and I have to say that it was awesome! For our 4-year-old, we invited 3 friends so that there would be 4 total girls. Very manageable, and she just so happens to have 3 main friends. We did face-painting with homemade face paint, fingernail painting, and finger-painting with homemade finger-paints. Easy, cheap, and really fun. But, my favorite part of all was the cake. I did a rainbow cake (6 layers) and covered it with white fondant. I discovered that I'm not very good at working with fondant, but the girls didn't seem to mind the bumps. Then, they got to "paint" the cake with food markers. I think that was their favorite part. Then, we ate cake and ice cream, opened presents, and played until moms came. It was kind of a glorified play-date, and I HIGHLY recommend it! Audrey got to have lots of fun with her friends doing a bunch of her favorite things, and she felt very special.










Happy Birthday, Princess Audrey!
1 comment:
You're such a good mom! Neither of my kids have really had a 'friend' party yet...I'm just not that type of mom, and I admire those who are! Happy birthday Audrey!
Post a Comment