Clayton has been doing lots of job interviews all over the midwest, and he invited me along on one to Little Rock, Arkansas. The job sounded really, really good, but he wanted me to scope out the city and see if it would be a good fit for our family. We joked that this was our second honeymoon, as our first was not far from there near the Missouri/Arkansas border also at Christmas-time. My mom was extremely nice to come and stay with our kids for several days, especially since she had just been to visit us for Thanksgiving. Clayton and I had a really nice time, and the hospital put us up in the Peabody Hotel downtown. Every morning and evening they have the walking of the ducks out to the atrium fountain and then back up the elevator to their room at night. I had actually seen this on t.v. once, and so I was happily surprised to see it in person. We visited several wards on Sunday, Clayton interviewed, I went around with a realtor for an entire day, and we had a very fun dinner with some of the physicians and their wives. Overall, things went very well, and we were expecting to live there the following summer.
At the airport on Tuesday morning, we got a phone call from a hospital in Springfield, Missouri (where I'm from), that they had a position available and wanted to interview Clayton right away. After rescuing my sweet mom from the kiddos, we went home, and Clayton ended up doing two interviews that next weekend - one in St. Louis and one in Springfield. He called to tell me that he had accepted the job in Springfield, and we are super excited! We had pretty much given up hope that it was even an option, so it was quite a wonderful surprise. The job promises to be wonderful, and we can hardly believe this journey to a "real" job is almost over!

1 comment:
I am so super excited for you guys to be moving back here next summer! It will be very fun to have you guys close by. Congratulations to you both on the 'real job' portion of life!
Post a Comment