I hope I never forget the look on Audrey's face as she watched us turn on the Christmas tree lights for the first time this year. She was standing there in her adorable Christmas dress from church, a large, gold ball ornament in each hand, and her eyes sparkled as she gazed up at the twinkling, colored lights. It only lasted a moment, but that moment made me almost want to cry.
Two of the most commonly heard phrases around our house this week:
"Audrey! No, honey, NO!"
"That's going to come out of our damage deposit."
How can someone so cute make such a big mess? It's hard to describe. She figured out how to screw the lids off of bottles, and dumped out whole containers of pump hairspray and mouthwash onto our carpet. Most of the ornaments I made by baking salt dough and painting them gold--6 years ago--have been bitten in half or EATEN!, and the advent calendar has turned into a fun toy instead of a countdown. Ah, well. I think that I really will miss these things someday. They grow so fast...
1 comment:
so cute.
i laughed so hard about the things most commonly heard. kids are funny...
Post a Comment