It's amazing to me how much thought I've put into Luke's schooling the past couple of years. So many decisions! This year, though, I think we made the right one by putting Luke in Joy School. He loves it, I love it, and the group of moms and kids we are working with is amazing. Clayton and I were worried that our precious little guy just wouldn't be able to handle it (in a social way), but, as one mom told me this past week, "I can just see him blossoming." It's only been a couple of weeks, and he still sometimes panics when I drop him off, but he LOVES it. I love the things he's learning and doing, and I can't wait for my turn to teach. We have also already had some really great field trips. Our first one was to a pond at the University of Michigan (incidentally one of Henry Ford's wife's favorite spots) where the kids got to collect samples from the pond with nets and study the creatures. Today we went to a gymnastics center for an open gym where the kids had an absolute blast running, jumping, etc. and just seeing what their bodies can do. We have seriously got joy around here!


2 comments:
Levi did joy school and Enoch has just started it. We LOVE it!!! I am glad Luke does. too.
Love it! I am sure joy school is so fun for him. I am so jealous they went to the U of M...we loved it there!
Post a Comment