One of my favorite things about this trip to Missouri was going outside and not seeing any neighbors or traffic. Everything was in its full spring splendor of green, and it was a very nice respite from Detroit city-dwelling. Unfortunately, my lungs are only used to smog and car-exhaust, so I suffered severe allergies (which I have never had before) and was hoarse most of the trip. We joked the first couple of days that it was from our late-night Rock Band sessions (which were SO FUN!), but I never really recovered.
The kids and I had a great time hanging out with my brothers (sans Steve, who comes home in August from Chile!). Chris, Mitch, and Alex were good sports with the kids and did endless races and lego-building with Luke and swinging with Audrey. They humored me on Rock Band when I couldn't do "Expert" with them (okay, I couldn't really do "Hard" either) and put up with the overall chaos two kids and a crazy sister bring to a house. It was especially fun to hang out with Chris, who we haven't really spent much time with in years. He is a mature, awesome guy. But then, I think all my bros are awesome! Can I just add that Alex is a drummer extraordinaire, Mitch is a rockin' guitarist, and Chris has some mad-hot vocals!
Here is a funny one of Chris trying to dunk over Luke.
No comments:
Post a Comment